Things Jordan Ate: I ate a Grand Brie on my anniversary

The Grand Brie with Garlic Fries. Please don't lick your screen.
The 10th anniversary of my marriage to my wife Brie was on the 26th of April, just 4 days ago. My wife and I were heading to the coast for the weekend sans all kids but one, and we made a pit stop in Albany, Oregon to grab lunch before making the final stretch of the trip down Highway 20. We had a gift card for Red Robin, which is a pretty good place for decently priced yet higher end burgers... if you're into that sort of thing. It might not be the most romantic place to go for an anniversary meal, but this is lunch we're talking about, not a candlelit dinner, and we were hungry. Don't judge.

My two Bries. One I will eat.
The other... well, I love her
too much to eat her.
If you're not familiar with Red Robin (like if you live outside of their franchise areas) they have a temporary menu of specials that rotate out every so often in addition to their already huge menu of outstanding burgers, chicken sandwiches, salads and wraps. They're also known for their endless steak fries, which will just keep coming if you keep eating them. It's good stuff.

This time around though, I decided to get the burger they referred to as The Grand Brie, which is, to put it mildly, AH-MAZE-ING. If you couldn't tell by the name, it has Brie cheese on the thing, which has a super melty texture even at room temperature.

This burger doesn't just go for the cheesy-goodness though. Oh no. It not only has a layer of thinly sliced bacon and a handful arugula, but a healthy portion of balsamic fig jam. Yes, I said fig jam. It sounds a little strange at first, yet once you get a bite of the stuff you'll be wondering why you don't just put the stuff on everything. It's a sweat, tangy, almost BBQ sauce like jam, and it makes the burger. Well, that and the healthy slab of brie melting over everything else.

Like most of their temporary menu though, I'm not sure how long this thing is sticking around. If this interests your tastebuds, you might want to head on down there as soon as you can.

Comments

Popular Posts